As a business owner, it’s likely that you’ve heard, seen, or even used, one or more cloud-based productivity applications. One of the more popular solutions is Microsoft Office 365, which is also a preferred product of Weston Technology Group (WTG). Microsoft has long dominated the back-office software space, and it’s no surprise they’re one of the top solutions on the market today.
A few reasons why WTG likes Microsoft Office 365:
- Anywhere, Anytime Access: O365 works on all devices, including Apple, tablets, and smartphones. You can work across any device to create, edit, or share office files with familiar tools. You can collaborate with employees and customers anywhere, anytime.
- Information Security: O365 utilizes service-level security that you or your partner configure to control access to your data. O365 was designed with operational best practices in mind. You own your data and it’s not used for any form of advertising by third-parties. You can easily export and take your data with you as you see fit. Other features are available for organizational compliance, and the service is guaranteed for 99.9% uptime.
- Data Protection: O365 offers OneDrive to store and version all your files. We recommend discussing your data retention and backup needs with your partner, who may provide an additional layer of service.
- Software: Eliminate the need to purchase and refresh your office software on regular basis. With O365, you always have access to the latest version of the software and features.
A couple of things to consider:
- O365 is subscription-based: Microsoft Office 365 is billed on a monthly or annual basis.
- Internet Connectivity Required: O365 is hosted in the “cloud”, which means it’s only accessible via an internet connection. This may be ideal for the road warrior but poses some challenges for people who frequently work offline. O365 does offer some features to reduce the hassle, but it’s worth a mention. We recommend discussing the limitations with your partner.
At Weston Technology Group, we’re interested in working with our clients to drive down the cost of IT and increase productivity using cloud technologies. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact form and we’ll schedule a brief call.